In this landscape of change, driven by both consumer expectations and corporate conscience, achieving ROC™ signifies a company’s dedication to the highest standards of sustainability, with the Gold level ROC™ serving as a testament to exceptional commitment. Recently, Daabon’s practices, community programs, and a suite of certifications culminated in its attainment of ROC™ Gold.
To receive the Gold level distinction, a plantation must consistently demonstrate excellence in the three pillars of Regenerative Organic Certified®. This includes comprehensive soil rehabilitation initiatives, strict animal welfare standards, and a significant improvement in the quality of life for workers and their communities. Daabon’s practices, such as avoiding deforestation, enhancing biodiversity, and implementing robust community support programs, are essential components that have contributed to this prestigious recognition.
Daabon Group’s attainment of Gold level ROC™ status not only reflects its steadfast dedication to sustainable and regenerative agriculture but also marks Daabon as the first palm oil company to reach such heights in the world. This recognition underscores a comprehensive approach that considers every facet of the agricultural environment.
“Regenerative Organic Certification is strategically vital for Daabon. It aligns closely with our company’s mission and corporate values, focusing on the production of high-quality organic and sustainable products that meet customer demands,” shares Reyes. “The rigorous standards of ROC™, which include requirements under the USDA National Organic Program (NOP), reflect our commitment to not only meeting but exceeding the benchmarks for organic and sustainable practices. This certification, combined with Fair Trade, strengthens our resolve for Corporate Social Responsibility, both in terms of our commitment to our workforce and addressing stakeholders’ concerns effectively.”
Paid Content: Benefits of Regenerative Organic Farming Introduced by the Rodale Institute, the Farming Systems Trial (FST) has illuminated the benefits of organic farming:
- Resilience in Extreme Weather: Organic systems consistently maintain yields during droughts. Organic corn yields are 31% higher than conventional in drought years.
- Soil Health and Carbon Capture: Diverse carbon inputs in organic farming result in higher microbial biomass. Higher soil organic matter develops over time, vital for carbon sequestration.
- Efficient Water Management: Healthy soil, bolstered by organic farming methods, not only absorbs water more rapidly but also utilizes it more efficiently, ensuring that plants have the moisture they need to thrive.
- Continuous Soil Improvement: Organic systems witness consistent soil health enhancements.
- The Future of Farming: Organic farming is not only viable but essential for humankind’s survival.